LET’S PLAY HIDE THE SAUSAGE !!
This is a bit weird and I am not sure how they came to
try this, but a very nice couple from Melbourne who
bought a spit from Red Hill Market gave me this recipe.
It tasted great…
but it made me want a cigarette after cooking it!!
What we need.....
A LEG OF LAMB ABOUT 2.5 KG’S
(BONED……that means get the lamb bone out of it)
A LARGE KRANSKY SAUSAGE
A COUPLE OF STUBBIES
A SENSE OF HUMOUR
Preparation time; 1 stubby (15 minutes)
Cooking time: a long slow bottle of red (2 ½ hours)
1. Light your spit as per instructions
2. Get your leg boned out and shove the big thick
Kransky sausage where the bone was…… yes…
That’s what I said…..
3. Slow cook for about 2 ½ hours
4. Drink stubbies while watching
5. Once cooked, take it off and let it sit for ten minutes (drink one more stubby or have a cigarette….)
6. Eat the roast and maybe make some obscure promise
to the lamb about calling it tomorrow!!